Friday, October 5, 2012

Remember Who put You Here


Today marks my last day at Holy Cross before October break. Earlier today I was commenting to my friends that I don’t really need a break this year. I’m not that homesick, and I’m doing just fine here at school. I’m writing three articles a week for various organizations and writing sporadically here as well. My classes are going very well, so far I have A’s in two of four, and B+’s in the other two. Socially I’m great as well—so why should I go home? Here’s the reason why: I need some time to reflect and pray. Life gets so busy sometimes that you end up losing sight of what is important. I spend so much time investing all my energy into schoolwork, finding a career, and staying fit that I find myself putting God out of focus. I’m starting a new G90X challenge; I will work out three times a week, read two chapters of the Bible each day, and pray three times a day. These are not lofty goals, but they are standards that I hope to meet. My hope is that by the end of this challenge I won’t so easily lose sight of what I’m really here for. Think about it, God put us here for a reason, it’d be a real shame to waste our lives chasing things that will never last. I’ll still work hard at school and aim to do well in my life, but in every moment I’ll be praising God as well. I want my life, whatever I end up doing, to point to God not me. This is the perfect time for October break, any later and I might have gotten too far from God’s good influence.

No comments: