Thursday, January 29, 2009

Colds and Storms

I remember once that I had a very bad cold (don’t worry the story gets better). Have you ever had one of those colds that just get to you and then you’re out of it for the day? Well that happened to me, (one time I went to the wrong class and stayed there for half an hour!) But the bad thing about this cold was I had a baseball game the next day. Ordinarily I would have skipped the game but this was a five game season so I wanted to get maximum playing time. I started the game in right field and then it got dark, the lights went on and I was going to play catcher. I put my gear on and squatted for a long inning, with a cold, on a cool autumn night. Just to put it this way, it wasn’t the most fun I had catching. When sin enters our life we can end up like that, we can be off. We may not hear God’s voice or the Bible my just not make sense to us, or we may not know the right decision to make. And to those who feel this way I’ll say this, it happens we fall off we get lost they don’t call it a spiritual journey for nothing. But I also have to say this; it’s our job to get back on track. When I played that game everything was off, my bat speed, my arm strength, my reaction time, and when sin enters our life it can be the same (well not exactly). Just like the cold hindered my ability to play sin hinders our relationship with God, He seems silent to us we feel alone. We all feel this way at some point in our life, and God is there to help us. Whether something bad has happened or you’re stuck in a rut God is there to give us strength. “The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress” Psalm 46: 11.

No comments: