Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Get Up You've Got More To Do

I have been debating on how to write this post, but I guess to begin I should start off with this: I was wrong. I am sorry but on a post I wrote a while back I used the term “bad” to describe us and I am wrong to use that description. We are not bad, we may be sinful but never bad, God made us and everything else and said it was good. I have realized over time that we may sin, we may do things God doesn’t like but that never lessons God’s love for us. I used to think that God was done with me, that He couldn’t use me; I thought I was too much of a failure, a screw-up for Him. I was wrong. I’m borrowing an analogy here, but imagine Lance Armstrong is in a bike race, he rides 200 miles and is half way done and hits a rock and falls off his bike. No one is going to say “Lance, well you fell down so now you have to go back to the starting point and do it all over,” No, they’d say “Come on Lance get up you’ve got farther to go.” It’s the same in our lives, when we sin God doesn’t say “Well now look at this you’ve sinned, well now we’ve got to start all over with you,” He says “Well you’ve sinned but get back up on your feet and finish the race.” We are not pieces of junk, we are not failures when we sin God doesn’t bury His face in His hands and grieve “where did I go wrong?” He doesn’t like what we’ve done we can be certain that God isn’t pleased by our sinning but we can also be certain that He still loves us and desires us. To use the example of Peter in John 21: 15-19 Jesus reinstates him. Peter had denied Jesus, he denied his Lord to stay safe and Jesus took him back. God always has plans for us, it doesn’t matter what we’ve done or who we are all we need to do is say yes to God and repent.

No comments: