Monday, January 19, 2009

Baseball Tips

With the baseball season coming up I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about how I play the game and here is a list of my tips on hitting.

Go up to each at bat and make your goal to make contact, not to get a hit but make solid contact.
Don’t look at the strike zone as an indicator of what to swing at but what to hold back on.
Have a plan.
Protect the plate with two strikes.
Keep your load and stride short.
Keep your eyes on the ball, don’t look out to see where your hit goes focus on the pitch and after you hit the ball then you can look.
Decide to swing at every pitch and if it is a ball hold back, don’t go up to bat and think about whether to swing but when to stop.
Keep your shoulder in, don’t pull the ball ever, try to hit it up the middle or opposite field.
Use your hips for power not your arms.
Keep your hands in.
When you strike out forget about it.

Well that's my advice on hitting I hope it helps anyone who uses it.

No comments: