Friday, January 16, 2009

What Time Is It?

One of the gifts I received for Christmas was a new watch, I generally do not wear a watch considering there always seems to be a clock nearby, but I set it to the correct time and wore it often. One problem I encountered is that the clocks in my school are five minutes slower than my watch so I never have the correct time. I have the time that I desire to have but not the actual time I need to follow in order to have the correct schedule. Our lives can be like that, in a way we all can be on the incorrect time. I have often had the problem of living in the future instead of the present. I plan out my days, and even life putting me five minutes ahead in a way. Well God’s time doesn’t work that way, He doesn’t work in our schedule for example four years ago I wanted to go on a mission trip to Mississippi to help rebuild houses and I ended up going last August, a three year delay. A delay to me, but according to plan for God, He heard my request but He chose not to answer it right away. Sometimes our biggest problem is blinds that we put in front of our eyes, our shortsightedness of God’s plan. James 4:13-16 deals with boasting about tomorrow, and how if we can’t say what will happen the next day how can we plan our lives? The only way I can be on time for my classes is to set my watch to the correct time, the only way we can fully live our lives for God and the way He intended is to set our lives to His time.

No comments: