Sunday, February 8, 2009

We've Got To Keep Walking

Whenever I talk to people who don’t believe in God this question always comes up, “how can a loving God allow pain and suffering in the world?” I can’t deny that there is suffering in the world; I can’t deny that people feel pain in their lives. In Genesis 2: 14-29 we are told the consequences of sin entering the world, life is no longer easy thing start to become hard and we are separated from God. But the good news is that God re-entered He came down to earth as Jesus to die on the cross. That unfortunately doesn’t mean that life is painless. I felt pain before I became a Christian and I still feel pain now, but we do have a hope; our hope is that God is with us always. I’ve felt pain in my life, and when I cast it out to Jesus that didn’t mean it went away, but it meant that I dealt with it and I had help from God to get through it. A while ago I used to think that when I became a Christian there was a huge transformation in my life, that everything changed and all my problems were solved. I now realize that our walk with God is a journey, there are rocks in the road that may trips us and we still will have the same struggles but we also have God there with us to lift us up when we fall. God is never done walking; He never gets tired of picking us up and desires to help us. In Philippians Paul writes that he must “press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called (him) heavenward in Jesus Christ” Phil; 3:14. There is a race to be won, a journey to be finish and there may be pain and hurt in our lives and we may stumble but God is always there with us so that He may pick us up when we fall and carry our burdens to help us through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen T,

How very true, life is not easy, but imagine how it would feel if we had to live it without a loving God.

love dad