Saturday, July 11, 2009

Keep on trying

My summer baseball season ended today with a 14 – 4 win that I was glad to say I was a part of. Offensively I’ve never been great, I can generally hit okay and demonstrate some power but this whole season was terrible. A combination of bad luck and poor mechanics led to a slump that drilled bad self esteem into my head. Then I went on a vacation to Oregon (I’ll post pictures later) and came back today, I was completely out of it my timing was off my arm was weak and I couldn’t play any defense. My first at bat resulted in a strike out, and then I got up for my last at bat in the season and BANG! The count was 1-2 I saw the pitcher give the catcher a look, he threw it inside and high and I smacked it deep into left field back by the wall. While I was in Oregon I kept complaining about how it kept on raining in MA. Little did I know I would soon thank God for the terrible weather that caused a game to be rained out for when I got back. I strongly believe in perseverance and I think God does too, no matter how hard something is or how bad the situation is we’ve got to keep trying. I could have given up and said I was a rotten hitter but then I wouldn’t have gotten that double.

No comments: