Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Other Hot Stove

Well I said I would make fresh pasta, so last Saturday I did. I made fresh fettuccine with homemade pesto sauce. I’ll tell you, you can buy dried pasta and store-bought sauce and have a nice meal, but after making this I just can’t go back. It’s like comparing playing whiffle ball to playing the majors. Every bite was fantastic. The pasta was more filling and hearty. The pesto had great flavor, which I attribute the fresh lemon juice in the sauce. And the color! When I use store-bought pesto it’s this brown-green glob, this was a thin bright green sauce that just blew me away. To be honest though, it took a lot of work considering that I made the dough, rolled it out, and cut it by hand, but it was well worth it; but unfortunately will be a rare treat. Anyway, I recommend looking a recipe up and trying to make pasta yourself, it takes time but the results are great. I’ll post the recipes later.

No comments: