Saturday, May 21, 2011

More Thoughts on Love

Well I’ve been doing more thinking about love and 1 Corinthians 13 (love is the most important right?).  One thing that really gets me is when Pail writes in the beginning of the chapter, verses 1-3 “If I speak in the tongues of men and angels but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.” Sorry for the big chunk, but it’s key. Now I don’t know about you, but this really hits me hard. Now I don’t have the gifts of tongues or prophecy and I like to think I have strong faith and have a gift of giving. One thing I do know (at least I’m told) is that I’m good at writing, especially about the Bible. But here’s the thing, if I do not live my life with love and write with love, then you might as well ignore all my posts. If I don’t have love then my writing is no better than gibberish! That’s a shocking and though provoking statement. I never really thought much about love until recently. Love can most clearly be seen in your actions and attitude. How do you react to disappointment, hurt, anger, or difficulty? Do you snap at the next person next to you, or do you act with grace and kindness. While it’s easy to say you love someone it’s hard to show it. So where do I get love (and make my posts worth reading)? Well the only source of perfect love is God, He is love after all. Through God we can love others the way we should, which is the way He does. To not love is to reject God and ignore His word in the Bible. The Bible isn’t just a history book, it is a love letter. God’s love towards His creation is written down for all to read, you just have to read it. More thoughts on love are bound to come; these are just some things on my mind. If I do not have love, it doesn’t matter how much faith, hope, or good deeds I have, I am nothing.

No comments: