Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Look at the Bright Side

Well here we are, September 28 2011, what could be the last day of the Red Sox’ season. I’m pretty sure I wrote a post similar to this last year. It seems we can draw many comparisons to both years. Both the 2010 and 2011 teams were pegged to win the World Series, win 100 games, and beat the dreaded Yankees. Both teams had slow starts, both overcame them by June, and by July both seemed on their way to winning the AL East. Then both teams had some key injuries and then in August and September they fell apart. Here’s the thing though, yeah blowing a 9 game lead in the Wild Card is historic (in a bad way), but the fact remains that the Sox are, and will remain, my team. We all like to whine and complain while we toss out pink hats in the trash. But then we forget the reason we watch baseball in the first place, because we simply enough love to watch those men in white take the field every day so we can kick back and relax on a summer night. It’s not always about whether they win or lose (although I like it when they win), it’s the experience and memories we build while watching. I want the Sox to win tonight, but if they don’t I forgive them, and eagerly look forward to next summer when I can again kick back in the leather recliner chair and enjoy a good ballgame.

No comments: