Monday, September 12, 2011

New Questions to Ask

Whew what a weekend. Who knew that in addition to academics I’d also be learning a ton about myself, that’s the idea of life isn’t it? Anyway I digress. When confronted with suffering I used to feel a need to explain it, a rational discourse on why God allowed x, y, and z to happen in my life. Now I realize that there isn’t always an explanation for why, but we must instead ask the question where and what. “Where God, are you in this?” “What God, do you want me to do with this?” I went through a couple of tough losses last summer (2010), and I have to admit, I became bitter. I was angry and indignant. “Why should this happen to me?” I asked, I felt that I deserved better. Well now I’ve realized something, while I cannot explain what happened last year, I can use it for God’s glory and the good of others. Through my experience I now know how to pray for those in similar situations, I now know what to say to those who are hurting, because of what happened to me I can be a better friend, brother, and more importantly a better man of God. While God didn’t give me the miracle I wanted, He did rebuild my life, and make me into someone so much better than I was. The tears of pain I shed last year are now tears of joy. Tears that express my joy and love in the Lord, how happy I am now that everything is all right, and that I am closer to Him because of it. While there may not always be a reason as to why, there is always an answer to the questions “where” and “what.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Tyler
It is a treat that you are able to blog given the college schedule.

This Post reminds me of John 9; 1-3. A loving God can take the misfortunes, our brokenness and even our sin and use it for his glory if we allow him and trust him

Be blessed
Love Dad

John 9
Jesus Heals a Man Born Blind
1 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.