Monday, October 10, 2011

Moment of Perfection

Here’s a post I wanted to write last week. It was Thursday night, my last night at Holy Cross before fall break. I had a lot of work to do and was taking a moment out of my day to go to evening Bible Study. It was one of those chilly fall days, I had my flannel shirt and barn jacket (typical farm clothes) and was walking up from the dining hall to the chaplains house. When I left the hall I was struck by the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen. A picture wouldn’t have come close to doing it justice. The sky was lit up a radiant pink and yellow while the east was a deep purple. I looked out at the city of Worcester and saw the purple rolling hills and the city all lit up preparing for a busy evening. It was then that I caught a moment of pure perfection, God’s grace untarnished by the sins of the world. It was that moment that was so perfect, that busy, stressful day, and then on a break from it all I see God’s glory in its finest. I believe God can speak to us in many ways, and on that night He was saying ‘Tay Tay, slow down.” Life can get fast, especially at college. Bad things happen, we go through loss, we take on stress, and sometimes we lose faith in ourselves. We cannot forget that one fact though, that God is always there with us, and will never let us go. You may think that you are too far, that you are out of God’s grace, heck you might even have given up a while ago. But God will not give up on us, and that sunset, that purity in my hectic day showed me that. You just have to have a little faith and a sense of adventure, because God can do some amazing things when you give Him the driver’s seat. I’ll never forget that evening, just as I will never lose faith in God’s goodness and His love.

No comments: