Monday, October 3, 2011

He is Willing

Lately I’ve been reading through the Gospels, I finished the Old Testament so now I am at Matthew. I always loved reading the Gospels, you get a chance to see God interact directly with His people, it’s always really neat. Anyway, one thing I love about the Bible is how God speaks through it to me, how He’ll use certain phrases to stick out as if to say “Tay Tay! Wake up and pay attention!” Anyway, I was reading Matthew 8, the passage where Jesus heals a man with leprosy. The man walks up to Jesus and says “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.” And do you know what Jesus’ response is? “I am willing.” For some reason that verse just struck me, it really did. The simplicity of it, “I am willing” can almost be deceptive, but then you’d miss the significance. God is always willing to help us, no matter what we’ve done or where we are going. He will always be willing to heal us. God is the only thing that can truly sustain us and bring joy to our lives. Sure that man with leprosy thought he could stick it out for a while, but then seeing that on his own nothing was getting better he had to call out to God. And God was willing. I firmly believe that no matter what happens, when you turn to God and ask Him for help He will help you. When we bow our heads to prayer Jesus lifts us up and gives us His strength, and why? Because He is willing to, because He loves us so much that He paid the ultimate price to heal us fully. Sure life can get out of hand, sure things can go wrong and it can seem like there’s no way out. But God is always willing; God will never refuse His people or deny them His love. Sometimes we miss the little things in the Gospels, but often it is these little phrases that show how much God truly loves us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T

Simple, yet profound.
Thnaks for posting
Love Dad