Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Questions

For one of my classes we had to read from the book of Job. Now for those who don’t know, Job was a good man who God allowed a lot of bad things to happen. Why? Well it’s not essential to the story, the whole book is a dialogue between Job and his friends trying to find out why God allowed Job to lose everything, instead though they should be asking “what God wants Job to do with his situation.” Life can be really hard, I’ve learned that lesson in the past two years and sometimes it can seem like you don’t get a break. Here’s the thing, life has no breaks but that doesn’t mean we have to go it alone. Job thought that after he lost his home and family that was it, but he wasn’t even close because in the end God appeared and blessed him more than he was before. Why do bad things happen to good people? Why does life have to be as hard as it is? Why is it so hard to do the right thing? Well I don’t know, honestly I have no idea, but I do know this, God is faithful and God is with us. No matter what you are going through you can bet God is there right by your side every step of the way. In one of the Narnia books there is a scene when someone is riding on a horse on the edge of a cliff in the fog and all they can do is keep going following Aslan (the God figure). It’s like that, even though sometimes I can’t see the next step in front of me, God is there directing me every step of the way and I needn’t have fear. Psalm 119: 105 says “Your word is a lamp to my feet, a light to my path.” Sometimes you don’t always get a spotlight, but a candle will always do the job.

1 comment:

Johnny Mac said...

Right on, Tyler. Thanks for the encouragement.