Monday, February 23, 2009

Good Italian Food

For those of you of love to hear me blog about food (if there is anyone who does) here is a post about a good restaurant in Philly. I thought that the only good Italian food I could get was in home but there are two places in Philly that proved me wrong. The first Porcini’s is a small (and I mean very small) restaurant that serves great authentic Italian food. It is family owned and serves high quality food. They make their pasta fresh every day (meaning they don’t use dried boxed pasta) and serve good sized but not too large portions. The owner is very friendly and let me see the kitchen and even offered me a job (when I am much older). The next for those who prefer a quieter dinner there is Il Portico. The restaurant is much larger than Porcini’s but that doesn’t mean they skimp on quality. The minute I walked in I felt at my grandparent’s home, to put it simply it is a very nice place. Also they serve the only good risotto (a creamy rice dish) I have had outside my kitchen, the flavors are great and I really liked their polenta (a staple in Italy that is made of cornmeal) with mushrooms. So if you are ever in Philly and looking for a great authentic Italian meal I suggest looking one of these places up, they are on the expensive side but after tasting the food I think it was worth it.

No comments: