Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Not Could Have Been, It's Will Be

I was watching MLB Network the other day and the “Prime Nine” was on and the topic was the top nine “could have been” players. You know the story, a kid comes up from the minors at a young age and dominates either he hits homeruns like he’s taking BP or he is one of the greatest pitchers to step on the mound. But then something happens, he gets sick, or gets injured something happens that makes the fans wonder what could have been. Doesn’t that not sound like us? Sometimes when we get stuck in a rut, we sin or God feels far away we feel that we can’t be used by God. I’ve seen it in my own life, when I’ve sinned I’ve said that there is no way that God can/will use me. But there is good news (with God there always is), God has no “could have been Christians,” there are no cases in which He gives up on us; there are no stories about how He stops using us. God loves me the same amount that He did four years ago and will love me this throughout my life. We all sin in life, everyone does, some people repent others don’t but that doesn’t mean that God has less of a plan for anyone. Something I’ve said is that it’s not God who turns away from us, but we who turn away from Him. God has no “could have been Christians” because He didn’t make us that way, when we are born God knows exactly how He desires to use us, and whether we follow Him strictly throughout our lives or find Him in old age He still has a spot on His roster for us. If God had a baseball team it would be the Paw Sox because He always working with us to get us to the majors. Jesus said to His disciples in Matthew 28:20 that “I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

No comments: