Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A-Roid?

I’ve been formulating my thoughts on this and how to say it but no I think I know. As many people have I’ve noticed the A-Rod steroid controversy and here’s what I have to say about it. As an athlete and a Christian I firmly believe steroids are wrong and are an inadequate substitute for a good strength training program. I watched A-Rod speak and this is what I think, I think he seemed sincere but that may only be because he was caught. He did seem more apologetic than Bonds and Clemens and I think he is telling the truth that he stopped and won’t take them anymore. Out of all the sports baseball definitely ranks as one of the toughest, I understand that when playing for the Rangers one of the best hitting teams someone could feel pressure to be at a competitive level, but that doesn’t mean A-Rod is justified. Josh Hamilton (I know I write about him too much) is a good example of what hard work can do. Steroids may help for a short time, but in the long run they have terrible consequences and have lasting effects that ruin athletes instead of helping them. Bottom line there is no substitute for hard work and in athletics there are no real short-cuts, so to those athletes out there work hard because your effort will pay off in the long run.

1 comment:

Johnny Mac said...

Yeah and if you notice, Arod's apology wasn't much of one - he doesn't admit that he cheated! Instead he makes up all these other excuses about being "young and naive". A pretty half-way apology.

Keep blogging, brother!