Monday, August 30, 2010

It's Just October

You know what I’m sick and tired of? The sports writers for the Boston Globe. After every win it’s “hey the Sox can make it” and after every loss it’s “Oh who were we kidding.” You know what I think, I think that this team is a great team and if healthy all year could win the division and possibly the World Series. The Red Sox team since the second week of the season has been a team of backups, and the fact that they are only 6.5 games out of first and that people are actually expecting them to make the playoffs and disappointed that they most likely won’t, I mean what did anyone really expect? Let’s say they do make it, how well will they do versus the Twins or Rangers, teams that have given them an extremely hard time all year? The thing is I’m not upset and I’m not disappointed because when Pedroia, Youk, and Ellsbury went down I (and I think every Sox fan) knew that this was not their year. A lineup of Ellsbury, Pedroia, Youkilis, Martinez, Ortiz, Beltre, Drew, Cameron, and Scutaro would win the division and maybe win 100 games, a lineup of Scutaro, Drew, Ortiz, Martinez, Beltre, Lowell, Kalish, Hall, Lowrie won’t. One thing this season helped me realize is this, isn’t the fun in watching with friends and family? I mean if the Sox win the World Series this year will it really change my life that much? I get caught up in the game too, but it’s times like this that help me realize what is most important.

No comments: