Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New Book

Lately I’ve been reading St. Augustine’s confessions, and while I started reading it for, I guess not the best motives (have to for college stuff) I am actually finding it, as odd as it seems (it was written in the late 300’s) very applicable not only to my life but to today’s world. Also C.S. Lewis was somewhat inspired by Augustine so that is added interest. Anyway I think the book is very interesting and when I finish it I will write some of my thoughts, it is very cool to see how life really doesn’t change (despite what my elders say about how the world is so corrupt now, that nothing ever went wrong when they were kids) but the most amazing thing is this, Augustine wrote this book either in the late 300’s or early 400’s, the Bible was written much earlier than that and is just as applicable. I guess it shows that the word of God, and its inspirations, last.

No comments: