Monday, August 30, 2010

Future Hall of Famer

Last year I was very blessed to be a part of the Fenway Fantasy Day at Fenway Park and this year I got a chance to do it again. Fenway Fantasy Day is a fundraiser run by the Jimmy Fund where people pay money to hit or play in the outfield at Fenway Park. Through my job I was able to catch for the pitching machine at home plate in Fenway Park. It was awesome last year and was just as cool this year, and I even got a chance to play a little outfield! My shift for catching was over so I got a chance to play right field at Fenway Park. Unfortunately everyone was a dead pull hitter but I did catch a line drive, field a ground ball, and play one off the right field wall. I’ve played in a lot of baseball games but nothing compares to playing in this big expansive right field in front of all those stands, it was really cool. Last year I took a foul ball off my shoulder and was unable to play on the field but this year I was blessed to do so. I’ll post a few pictures from my day later and speaking of the Red Sox I’ll write a post about them too. Wow, what a great way to end my summer.

No comments: