Thursday, March 22, 2012

Crossing the Sea


Recently I went to an FCA meeting and that night we talked about Moses and the crossing of the Red Sea. The Israelites saw the impending Egyptian army and cried out in anger and distress that it would have been better to die in Egypt instead of the desert. Moses silenced them saying “The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still” Exodus: 14:14. Right now God seems pretty distant from me. I don’t know what it is exactly, but I’m having trouble hearing His voice and sensing His presence in my life, and I really miss it. But one thing I learned from FCA that night is that no matter what stands in our way God will be there to carry us through and fight for us. All that matters in the end is that we have God on our side; though the world may fall apart we still have God fighting for us. God may be testing me with silence to see how I react, or I may have lost my step and confidence in myself, but I know that even though these obstacles stand in my way nothing can stand before God. The Israelites thought there was no way out, but God showed them wrong. I’ve had some rough times so far at college but also some really great blessings. The greatest miracle of it all is even though the devil laid his traps for me, nothing has shaken my faith. I may have lost strength and determination but God has led me through the “sea” in my way and further on my journey to Him. I don’t know where God is leading me, but I do know that he is my “#1” and will guide me wherever I go. 

No comments: