Thursday, March 29, 2012

Of Course He Answers Prayers!


You know those points in time when you can only stand in amazement at how God works in your life. Well I’ve missed out on those for a while, but God recently answered a much-needed prayer. I was praying a few days ago about how I felt that I was lost in my journey to God and that I desperately needed His guidance and wanted Christian friends with whom I could talk. I used to talk about faith in high school occasionally, and would have many discussions with my father and pastor; since coming to Holy Cross I have missed out on that a lot. In a way, not having those discussions quieted my faith and cut me off from God in a way that I formerly connected with Him. I’ve become involved in a group of friends who go to a youth group in Worcester, but tonight the van was taken due to a screw up in the schedule so we sat down and chatted for a good hour or so. It was one of the best conversations I have had in a long time, we talked about faith, God, the Bible, Heaven, and miracles. It was so refreshing to talk to people who have a passion for God, it is something I really missed. While I may still be in the fog God has allowed to enter my life I know that I need not go through it alone. While God certainly was there the whole time, now He has heard my prayer and brought me to others who may help me rediscover my faith and develop in my relationship with God. The journey to God’s heart is not one meant to be taken alone, no it is one of twists, turns, and trials and demands company for there are times when we may trip or struggle. I heard God’s voice ever so faintly, but it was there, and He said “I am with you.” In a time where I am growing up and discovering myself I desperately needed to hear Him say that. Things are changing in my life, but at least I may find comfort in knowing that I am not alone, and that in the future wherever I may go a brother in Christ will never be too hard to find, all I need is to pray.

No comments: