Friday, March 23, 2012

One Family


I had an interesting discussion today with some friends over lunch. I rarely express my views on faith to my friends, mainly because they rarely ask. If anyone engages me in a discussion on faith I will be more than happy to talk. Some call it a “debate” but for me I’m expressing my views and showing people the love of God, not trying to prove them wrong. Anyway the discussion today was about the Catholic Church. It was a good talk; they asked me what I liked about the Protestant church and what made me “convert.” I expressed my view that I started going to NPC simply because I enjoyed the company of the people there more than my old church and that for me I am a Christian first. I’ve written about this a lot, and I’ll preach this message till I am blue in the face, but if the Church wants to accomplish he goal Jesus gave us then we have to come together. In switching to NPC from a Catholic Church I didn’t convert, I switched from one to another. We all read the same Bible right? We all believe in one God, His Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit right? Or am I missing something? Sure there are some differences between the two, but we all follow Jesus, we all believe He is our Savior, and thus we are all gathered together in His family. If you accept Jesus you are welcomed into God’s family, no separation or difference from one brother to another.

No comments: