Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Darn Writer's Block


Well March is nearly over, and as I look back at one of the worst months for the blog I have a few thoughts. You ever have those moments, or series of moments, when you feel lost even though everything seems to be going right? For me writing is a huge part of my life (I would say it is my life, but God takes that spot every day), yet for some reason over the past five weeks or so I have not been able to write. It’s not that things have been going poorly for me, instead things have been great. I’ve had job interviews, I have a newspaper column, I’m on a softball team… the list goes on and on. It’s just that somehow I feel lost or unsure of myself. It has been one of those moments when I take a step back and ask “Who am I, where am I going, and who does God want me to be?” God doesn’t want me to sit around and be an ordinary college student, there is more to life than working every day of the week and hanging out on the weekends. There has to be more. So how do I add more? Well, to have a meaningful life doesn’t mean that I need to drop out of school and join the peace core. No, instead I can add meaning to what I do. I can live out the Gospel, talk about God, discuss things and ask the big questions with my friends. Instead of sleeping during my free time I can set aside a moment for prayer and Bible study. God gave me a great responsibility in being the next leader of FCA at Holy Cross, and to prepare for this I need know Him and heed His guidance. It’s been a tough journey but I didn’t get completely lost because God was guiding me through it. Every day is an opportunity to grow and learn, I’m just happy I was able to take advantage of it.

No comments: