Sunday, June 10, 2012

Let's Kick it Up a Notch


As I wait for the beginning of my challenge tomorrow I got to thinking, I’m really going about this the wrong way. Many who know me also know that I am very knowledgeable and dedicated when it comes to physical fitness. I didn’t just come up with my workout routine on my own, it took years of learning from coaches and online to craft a perfect full body workout regiment. I use these routines to maintain a high level of physical fitness so I can be prepared to play baseball at a competitive level. Instead of jumping just into Bible study, why not kick it up a notch? That’s why I’m compiling a reading list in addition to my Bible study. Just as I seek advice and guidance from coaches I will look to the wisdom of my favorite authors for guidance. A few books I have in mind are… Don’t Waste your Life, Every Young Man’s Battle, The Cost of Discipleship, and Too Busy not to Pray. I will add a few C.S. Lewis books (how could I forget him?) once I get a better idea of what I wish to lead, but these four books are exactly what I need right now.  I’m tired of approaching my spiritual life haphazardly, its time I take care of my eternal body and grow closer to God. It’s a tough decision to make and it will require plenty of effort, but it’s completely worth it. Today God told me it’s as simple as choosing Him and, well, I’m choosing God.

No comments: