Friday, June 15, 2012

It's Go Time

 For those who care… I went 1-3 today with a clutch 2 run single to break a 0-3 slump to start the season. I am now 1-5 and ready to keep rolling through the remaining 15 or so games. That’s not what this post is about though. Here’s an update on my challenge: my Bible study is going well, my prayer time is proving to be tougher though. I’ve been reading Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper. It’s a radical book, but absolutely fantastic. Like being pinch hit for or stepping on a scale it’s the kick in the butt that I really need. Life is so much more than waking up, going to work, and going to bed so we can do it all over again. My only resolution this summer (well, maybe not only but this is top priority) is to die for Christ. I want to learn to die, for to die is gain and to live is die (or something like that). My life here on earth is spent in vain if not for Jesus. This DOES NOT mean I will spend every waking moment praying or reading my Bible. How can I show God’s love if I lock myself up? No, instead I will truly change for God, I will grow closer to Him and give up the world so that I may attain peace, joy, and communion with my Creator. Everyone tells me how nice I am, well that’s ok I guess. I want more than nice though, I want to be good, I want to be a godly man. They said of Aslan (which is true of God) “safe, of course he isn’t safe, but he is good.” That’s the goal, to be dangerous for God, to reach for Him and take a stand. No passivity in faith, this summer is a time of action and repentance.

No comments: