Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Sox' Woes Continue


I’m just going to outright say I was wrong about the Sox. I’ve given up my hopes that they have what it takes to win this year. Sure they have talent and they have plenty of fight. I’m not going to say they don’t care because they do. This is a team that doesn’t give up and throws its best out there every night; the problem is that their best isn’t good enough. I thought the O’s and Rays would fall, but the reason they are on top is because their pitching is very good. The Sox just don’t have what it takes to match up against the best. Sure they can score 3-4 runs off the best pitcher in baseball, but their pitching staff doesn’t have what it takes to shut down opposing offenses on a consistent basis. Lester and Bard’s pitching woes sunk their hopes, along with the loss of Ellsbury, Crawford, Baily, and Gonzo’s hitting prowess. I love baseball so I’ll watch every night, but I just don’t think they have what it takes to pull ahead in the AL East and fight through the playoffs to a championship win. I discounted the Celtics in the beginning of the season and they made it within one game of the Finals so who knows, maybe the Sox will win. It’s just not the same team it was in 2007 (how long ago does that feel?). 

No comments: