Saturday, August 23, 2008

That was fun

Well I had a good day. I got two hours of baseball practice in, about an hour and a half of hitting, and a half hour of catching. Aside from doing pretty well, I had the most fun when I caught for a young pitcher who was at the same field. My dad was pitching to me, and I saw the kid and his dad pitching so I said, “why not go over there?” I was slightly nervous (imagine it- a 15 year old nervous of catching for a 9 year old!), but he was the first real pitcher I caught for so I was happy to flash the sign strike inside and get into my stance. The kid was pretty good which I told him, he had good movement, and his location was pretty consistent, he threw wild pitches, but not too often. He also threw pretty fast around 50mph, maybe a little under or a little over, which I told him. The real joy of today other than having a good practice or having fun was that I gave him the joy of hearing he was good by a high school catcher. It’s along the same level of a college player telling me I’m pretty good. So I got to make one little kid happy, and I’ll say this to any Needham baseball players watch out!

No comments: