Wednesday, August 20, 2008

He can use anyone

I am convinced that God can use anyone. I was reading Acts 9, which describes Saul's conversion, and it is proof that it doesn't matter who you are or what you've done God can use anyone. Chapter 9 starts with Paul on his way to Damascus where he is going to imprison the Christians there, and God stops him, and asks him "why do you persecute me?" Then He tells him to "get up and go to the city and he will be told what to do". When Saul gets up he's blind, and out of shock he doesn't eat or drink for three days. Then God calls up Ananias to go heal Saul when he arrives, but Ananias protests to which God says Saul his "chosen instrument". Isn't that encouraging! God can use a man like Saul, a murderer who set out to destroy Christianity and turn him around to build the early church and be one of the first missionaries! Imagine what God can do with you. You just have to trust Him, love Him, and obey His call. I think it's safe to say that a year before Saul's conversion he never saw this coming, and I know instances in my life where I never saw myself doing what I am now. God can use each and every one of us, and it doesn't matter how "far you've gone" you're never too far out of reach of God's love and grace.

No comments: