Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Some People Have Too Much Free Time.

Some people have too much free time. I’ve seen many people who are obsessed with a certain book of the Bible: Revelation. Revelation is basically a weird book. It is a prophecy given to John about the end of the world. Why people are obsessed with this book, I don’t really have a clear answer, but I do know this, don’t follow their example! I’ve seen many people- T.V. preachers, articles on the web, and my own peers. I’ve heard over and over how “the end of the world is coming”, “Jesus is coming really soon”…. the list goes on and on. What I always say is what Jesus said to us, “therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.” Matthew 6: 34. We are to use the time we have wisely. Jesus didn’t tell us to think about the future, he wants us to live in the present. Too many people fall into the trap of living in their future, and not focusing on the present, or learning from the past. The future is God’s responsibility, not ours. I believe the book of Revelation is a true prophecy given to John, and I do believe it will come true, I am neutral as to whether it comes true in our time. It could or it couldn’t it’s not for me, or anyone else on earth to say. Revelation is an interesting book there is no doubt about that, but we must do our best to read it as it is, a prophecy, and leave it where it should be- in God’s hands. Will it come true? Yes. When? (the answer I wish I heard more often) I don’t know.

No comments: