Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Faith Struggle

I am one step closer to being out of my spiritual struggle. This has been going on for a few months in which I have desperately tried to believe but found myself just out of reach of the faith that I needed. My dad took me to his Bible study, I was a little nervous but the guys that were there were really nice and funny and I had a great time. Anyway, these were all older men, much older that I am and we started talking; one guy comes up and talks about how when he was in college he had doubts about his faith and stopped believing for a while. When I heard that it hit me like a truck. Here is an older, wiser man who admits that he had doubts, I was amazed because the same thing happened to me. Throughout our lives the devil does his best to separate us from God and keep it that way, he can’t stand seeing us grow closer to God and will through anything he can at us: sin, doubt, addiction, the list goes on and on. It is our job to stick through it, to buckle down and say no to the devil. I tried to believe and I am still trying because I know that there is a light at the end of this tunnel. I’ve listed to and read a fair amount of testimonies but nothing hit me harder than what that man said, I thought to myself “Geez, if a guy can go from believing to doubting and back to believing this has got to be more real that I have been thinking.’ I hope to have more faith soon and I pray God will give me strength.

No comments: