Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Turn Your Interruption into an Opportunity


Often at school (and especially on breaks when I having nothing to do) I go on this site called “I waste so much time.” It’s a collection of photos, articles, videos.. you get the point. Anyway I have noticed that every so often there are anti-religious posts on the site. The main message of these posts seems to be that I, a religious person, am “too stupid for science” or am indoctrinated in some kind of fantasy. This makes me want to visit the site less and less each time I see another post attacking my faith.

This post isn’t about the site, but a question of sorts: why am I attacked, though I do no wrong. I consider myself a smart, sensible, intellectual person. I did not dive into my faith blindly; rather, God plucked me from the devil’s hand and pulled me into His own. Why I believe is a separate story, but my main point is this: people will attack you for your faith, whatever it is.

Somewhere along the line people began to feel threatened by the fact that others believe in God and they do not. I do not become angry or indignant by the fact that someone does not believe what I do. Instead I show them through kindness and the love of God what I believe and I pray that God may speak to them as He did to me.

Jesus said we would be persecuted, and believe me I am no stranger to persecution. When you find yourself in some argument or debate I encourage you to act out of love. I do not enjoy being accosted while I am going about my business, but instead of seeing it as an interruption look at it as an opportunity. We are given an opportunity to bear witness to God.  If someone wants to call me dumb, so bet it. I know I am smart, and I pray that God heals whatever pain that may cause someone to treat me so.

No comments: