Sunday, January 20, 2013

It is All for His Glory


I’ve been continuing through Exodus and thus am continuing our study on “What is God revealing to us about Himself?” My pastor preached a sermon on the 2nd commandment and how we are not to have/make any idols. It is important to worship the true God, not our own perceptions of Him. Instead of saying “I like to think of God as….” We should rather say I strive to understand God as He is.

Anyway, I digress: Exodus 6:1 recounts what God told Moses as a sort of parting phrase. God says “Because of my mighty hand [pharaoh] will let [the Israelites] go; because of my mighty hand [pharaoh] will drive [the Israelites] out of the country.”

Note, God did not say “because of you.” No, He said it would be because of Him. Taking this passage as a part of God’s master plan, this is the beginning of a plan to bring His people out and make them His own once again. God was there when His people were enslaved, and His heart went out to them. Now He is bringing His plan into effect and about to spring to action.

You may feel like God has been absent from your life, but how do you know whether He has left you or is simply waiting until you are ready for what He has in store for you. God did not forget the Israelites, what He did was plan something greater for them than they could ever imagine.

God has something in mind for all of us, whether or not we fall down or face struggle does not mean that we are destined for greatness or failure. God can do all things, you may be at the top or at your absolute low but God is still there pulling the strings and working on you to a point where He can use you for great things.

Right now I feel alone, I feel like there are few people there to back me up but I still have God. God will never leave me or forget me, even though my closest friends might. I pray that God keeps giving me that hope that I hold on to, and that He brings me closer to Him and shows me what He has in store. 

No comments: