Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Sincere Thanks

I just want to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who stuck with me through my recent trials, and thank you for your prayers. God has been strengthening me every day, and I think that I can say with a degree of certainty that I am at peace. I may not be at peace tomorrow or next week, but right now I am at peace and nothing can take that from me.

Keep checking the blog for posts on Exodus and the study I have planned tomorrow on what the Psalms say about God as our father and creator.

Very often I get the idea that I need to be perfect. That if I fall I am a hypocrite, and that if I ever trip up my work is for naught. But I am human, aren't I? I will fail, I will succumb to pain, and there will be times where I need to be carried. I've given a lot of advice, a lot of prayers, and a lot of guidance on this blog. That doesn't mean I'm perfect though, and one bright spot in my recent pain is that God has showed me that when I fall there will be someone there to catch me, that I won't fall on my own.

I've been really trying to define what this blog is: is it a Bible study, an advice column, or the simple ramblings of a 19-year-old Christian man trying to find his place in the world? I think it's a combination of those, it is a story that I decide to share simply because as a writer that is what God calls me to do. Thank you for reading, and thank you for being there for me.

No comments: