Friday, February 22, 2013

My Promise to You

Here's a late night promise as I relax after an emotionally and physically exhausting day. I hate these sort of resolution promises because are always bound to break them. I am human, heck I'm just a kid and there is no promise I can keep 100%. But here is one I will try my best, every day of my life. For five months I watched my life slip past as I refused to pick myself off of the ground. Now I sit here, not any better but determined to get better. I'm not going to let anything get between me and God and prevent me from having faith, hope, and love. Life is too short and too precious to moan and groan over what I don't have, it's time I turn to God and thank Him for how He has blessed me. Eight years ago I was nothing, I was headed in a bad direction and certainly wouldn't be here right now. God saved my life, and gave me a new one. For that I am thankful every day just to be here where I am, because if it were not for God I don't know where I would be.

No comments: