Tuesday, February 5, 2013

He is unchangeable


I forgot to add one more thing to my earlier post. While I went over my notes on Psalm 46 I noticed another aspect of God’s awesomeness.

God is all-powerful and in control, thus He is not affected by anything that goes wrong here. Though the world may end God will not be harmed nor will His power be depleted. So, though you may go through storms in your own life know one thing: God is always God.

It seems simple right? Yet I find it extremely comforting. I became a Christian 7 years ago (gosh has it really been 7 years?) and I started this blog 5 years ago. Over that time span I have changed a lot, I am not the 12 year old boy who game his life over to God. I’ve had great successes but also many failures. I have found peace yet I have also been through some extremely trying times. While these have all acted on my to shape my view of the world, God has not changed in the least bit.

God is exactly the same as He was when He pulled me out of the depths, He is the same as He was when I started this blog, and He is the same now as He was a month ago when I was in a great funk.

When the storms of your life seem to great to bear, remember that God is there and is secure. He does not change as time goes on and there is nothing He cannot handle or help you with. 

No comments: