Monday, February 4, 2013

Week 1: God is all powerful


I apologize for my lack of posting as of late, I have been extremely busy. All my activities and classwork really add up, and unfortunately I find myself not able to take the time to find solace in writing about what God is doing in my life. Things have been going pretty well as of late, not where I want them to be but at least I feel that I am moving in the right direction. Please pray that God continue to shine His grace upon me and lead me to where He wants me to be.

Tonight in FCA we are going to take a look at Psalm 46, as a part of our study “What does a relationship with God mean to you?”

The focus for tonight is one of the roles God plays in our lives; one thing particular to Psalm 46 is that He is all powerful and always in control. My favorite verse is verse 1, “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” How often do you really dwell on God’s awesomeness? It’s hard to comprehend, that the Creator of the universe and everything in it invests so much time and energy into us. Yet He does, and He is in control of what is going on around you right now.

It may not feel like God is playing an active role in your life, but He is and there is nothing He cannot do. Though things may get very hectic around me I find a great deal of comfort and strength in knowing that there is a God out there who is carrying out a grand plan for us all. That’s a big theme in the Bible, that though the devil separated man from God, God is doing everything He can to get back to man. He is out there trying to create that connection with you right this very moment!

Next time life gets out of hand remember that God is in control of it all, we may not know why bad things happen to us and may not see how God can turn them around, but believe me He can. 

2 comments:

Clara said...

Not just turn bad things around, but use them to strengthen and refine us!

I hope the uplifting message means that things are going better, but either way, good luck!

Tay Tay said...

Great insight and thank you, things were rather hard for me but with the help of many good friends and of course God's strength I am finding the peace I really need.