Thursday, February 28, 2013

Don't Lose Sight of the Litte Things


Only a writer would take a break from writing to write something else. I have my final assignment for the week due tomorrow, after which I can enjoy my time off for Spring Break. I’m just staying at home which will be nice, I really could use the time off to reflect and reenergize.

A kind friend read my latest post and reminded me of the simple miracles all around us, so I’d like to share that with all of you. It’s so amazing and joyful; I’m not usually prone to being too emotional, yet when I find myself reflecting on the latest events I cannot help but be completely and utterly overwhelmed by joy that is the love of God. I once wrote, or said, that I feel utterly alone; now I find myself utterly filled with joy. It is a complete joy, a joy that fills me up, a joy that causes me to smile and share that smile with the world because I want to share that joy with everyone I meet.

It’s not that my problems went away, they still persist and will be attended to as time goes on. There is healing to be done, but I think the clearest way to put it is that God showed me that He is still there and will do the healing. I thought it was all over and God showed me that it wasn’t, gosh it wasn’t even close. He brought me this far and He’s not about to abandon me, and for that I am forever grateful.

There are so many kids like me, kids who were misunderstood and ended up getting on the wrong side of the law. There are kids who were left alone like me and ended up doing drastic things and shut their futures out forever. God saved me though, and He reminded me of that, He reminded me that I am loved and that if I give up on myself now, well I’ll miss out on a heck of a lot.

Every day is another part of that realization, every person you meet, every smile you share, every prayer you pray is all part of that grand miracle of your life. Do you ever dwell on that amazing fact? We can get lost trying to make it to the weekend, rather I implore you to live every day, I mean really live it and enjoy it because you never know what will happen. I went into the church service a self proclaimed failure who had long since given up the good fight, and I walked out a man who regained his strength and was ready to live. You never know what will happen today, tomorrow, or next week, you just have to trust in God and keep an eye out for the small miracles along the way.

No comments: