Saturday, December 15, 2012

He is God of All Things


I have resumed my study of Genesis, and shall now write down a few late-night thoughts before bed. I just read Genesis 7, which recounts part of the story of Noah. One thing that really stood out to me is that the author mentions that Noah took all the animals—both clean and unclean. When the law as given to Moses, God made a clear distinction between what was clean and unclean to eat/touch. Yet here, God saves all the animals and desires to keep them on the earth. That’s very interesting, and somewhat confusing. Why would God save animals that He later considered “unclean,” seems like if He’s starting over with the world He might as well get rid of a few animals too right? Well not exactly, I believe that this goes to show how God is not a God of the “clean,” but He is God of all. I still can’t get the tragedy of Newtown out of my head. As an older brother I cannot bear the thought of losing my two younger siblings, the thought that there are parents and kids who lost loved ones really breaks my heart. Yet God is God of all, which means that He is ultimately in control and that He loves us. We cannot forget that important fact. It is easy to say “Oh I guess God forgot” or “God caused this pain.” And maybe we will never get the answers that we really want, but we do know one thing: God is in control, and God loves us. All of us. God loves those kids, and He loves those who are grieving. When Noah went on that ark he lost everything—his house, job, friends, the list goes on and on. Yet he trusted God because he had to. In times like this we need to trust in God and have faith that He can and will deliver us, and those families. Never forget or underestimate the goodness and love of God; if there is anything you ever take away from this blog please let it be that. I’ve had a long day, and it is time to sleep. God bless, and never forget: though there is evil in the world we all have the power to take God’s love and shine it on others. I’ve always been a big believer that I (along with my brothers and sisters in Christ) can shine a little light in an otherwise dark world, we all have the ability to brighten our environment it just takes strength and prayer.

No comments: