Friday, December 28, 2012

Promise

Last  night was a post written by a broken young man. Today I am still broken, but God gave me a little hope. I work very hard to maintain a high level of physical fitness so I can play baseball. I don't just settle with being good enough, I work out about 3-4 times a week to get in shape for each season. If I work so hard to take care of my physical body, I should work 10 times as hard to take care of my spiritual body. I think it's time I get into spiritual shape. There is a battle out there, there is evil to fight against and I cannot serve God as a spiritual weakling. I need to be strong. I can't ever promise I'll be perfect, but what I can promise is that I will work out spiritually. Just as I get up every morning and get my morning workout in, I will get a spiritual workout in before I even get my breakfast. Just as I eat healthy snacks to keep alert throughout the day, I will fill myself up with God's word throughout the day to stay strong. It won't be easy, but is any new workout ever easy? When I start a new routine it is tough! Sometimes I wake up the next day so sore I can barely move, but I need to stretch and warm up so I can keep going. This new "workout" will be tough and there will be days that I will fail, but I want to publicly make a promise to you, and my family, that I will get in shape spiritually.

No comments: