Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

I want to take some time to wish everyone a Happy New Year. This marks post #22 on the month; I haven't written that many since I wrote 39 posts in the first month of this blog's existence. I've been going through a lot lately, and it has been very hard. God has held a great big mirror in front of me and showed me what I needed to see: that I am not as close to Him as I need to be. I ned God in my life, I need Him to guide me and lead me to where He wants me to be. Most importantly I need to trust in Him more. This time last year I was sidetracked, I allowed the world to best me and veer me off course. Here I am now, broken but resilient. I know that God has not given up on me, even though I do sometimes. I pray that He will continue to guide me as He has done. I debated for a while whether I should post with the frequency that I have this month. Namely because posting every day requires me be more honest with you, and to reveal some things that I don't want to. It is hard to write about how I'm going through a bad time, but at the same time it has been extremely helpful to me. Going forward I will try to post more often; usually when I am hurting or lost I stop writing, perhaps in the future I should do the opposite. Either way it has been a great month and year in terms of figuring things out; through the pain God has made Himself known and for that I am extremely grateful. So I wish you a Happy New Year, and safe travels. God is with us, let us never forget that. 2012 may have brought storms, but 2013 may bring that long awaited, and much needed, peace.

No comments: