Saturday, December 8, 2012

How do You Respond to the Call?


            I’ve been continuing through Genesis and have found it much more applicable to the Advent season than I originally thought. Also God has, as He always does, followed through in His promise thus far to teach me something that I really need to hear. Today’s post (or shall I say tonight’s?) is about faith. I’ve been reading the account of Noah and the Great Flood, and find that you can take a lot away from it. It is a great story about faith, and what it means to follow God wholeheartedly. So many times in the beginning of Genesis we get an account of how man has failed God. It is refreshing to see someone who says “yes” when God calls.
            We aren’t asked to build arks nowadays, but maybe God is calling you to something right now. There have been times in my life where I have been forced to make a decision that I found difficult to make. I had to rely on God, and listen to Him to know what I had to do. So far the transition to college has been tough, and Holy Cross has made it tougher than it might have been somewhere else. I am not traversing the word in an ark, but I am weathering a few storms. God has called me here though for a reason, parts of that reason have become clear to me and I am only 1 ½ years into school. There will be many more times when God calls me and I will have to make a choice: do I listen and follow, or do I ignore?
            A new week is starting, try to listen to what God is telling your heart. He may ask you to do something difficult but remember that He gives us the strength that we need to follow His plan. God is faithful, never forget that. 

No comments: