Sunday, December 16, 2012

Update on My Resolution


Here I sit 13 days after my announcement for my “resolution,” and very far removed from the stress that induced my gloom and sadness. I think I can say with a  degree of certainty that I am much better off now than I was two weeks ago, and that is not because of leaving school. It was about a week ago that my mood started to turn, and since then I have felt better than I have in a very long time. Was it stress? Was it just a matter of not being settled? What I was going through was a rather complicated issue, and one that is very tough to disclose. What I can say is that I was dealing with something that I have dealt with for a while, and was something that God instilled in me that I learned to accept as a gift rather than a curse.
            Now, faith is a complicated issue and will not be solved in one small revelation on a late December night. God is constantly revealing things to me throughout my journey and will continue to teach me as I grow closer to him. I am not at the end of my journey yet, I have a long way to go but I also know that God is leading me every step of the way. My year started out on a poor note, I was farther from God than I realized, and managed to “fake” my way along pretty well. Now, after taking a good look in the mirror, I see the man I am and the man God wants me to become.
            I’ll continue posting once a day for however long I feel compelled to. I don’t know where I am going with this, but I do know that wherever I end up I’ll be better for it.

No comments: